Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Summer

School's out! My kids have been out of school now for a week and a half. It has been a nice change to our routine. Chandler and Addie both have taken advantage of being able to sleep in. Brinley usually gets up and comes running into my room and the first thing she asks is if Addie has to go to school. My reply of course has been no then she asks if Chandler has school, and then she says, "Yes!" Then runs down the hall to jump on Addie to tell her she doesn't have school. She definately misses them both when they are gone. It makes me laugh.

Things changed drastically for Chandler and Addie this morning. They both had to wake up at 6. They both had swim team practice at 7:30AM. Today was their swim assessment. I wasn't sure how well they would do, but they both did awesome! They then had to swim laps with the rest of the team afterwards. I forgot what a workout swim team can be....remembering back to YEARS of swim team when I lived in California. They probably did roughly 25 or so laps this morning. I thought for sure after they saw what swim team was like they'd both be begging to quit, but they both got out and said how much fun it was. I am glad that they enjoyed it as much as I always did. It's definately hard work, but well worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment