Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Derek!

Yesterday was Derek's 36th birthday. I hope he had a happy day. I did try to keep the "nagging" to a minimum! He started his birthday off throwing papers. When he came home he got Chandler and Addie and took them fishing up at Johnstown's reservoir. (It's the lake in our neighborhood). Addie caught a nasty catfish and Derek and Chandler were snubbed. :) Derek came home to freshly made raisin squares (ewwww!) that his mom would make for him when he was growing up. I only make them once a year on his birthday usually! You have to LOVE raisins to like these. He then took Chandler and a friend to Ft. Collins to watch the USA vs Ghana game. Sadly the US lost......When he returned home I talked him into a drive to Milliken to see Steam Engine 844 which was stopping there on its way to Cheyenne. It was the last steam engine manufactured in 1964 I think it was....Chandler has always told me that steam engines were is favorite so I thought it might be a fun, cheap family outing! Upon returning home, Derek said that he was exhausted and went to bed. I feel bad, we didn't sing, I didn't make him a fancy dinner or anything. He bought his birthday presents a few weeks ago for himself....a fancy soccer jersey and a t-shirt. I think we're getting old! Happy Birthday Derek! Thank you for all that you do for our family! We couldn't do it without you! Thank you for sacrificing all your sleep to throw papers way to early in the morning....we sure appreciate all the nice things we have! Thank you for taking us fishing, on bike rides, helping with homework, and all of the many, many other things you do! We Love you!! Love, Jill, Chandler, Addie & Brinley

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Derek! Jill, you are so nice to make a treat for him that you don't like. I don't know if Tyler would be that lucky...especially with me being pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see someone carrying on the Raisin Square tradition. It hasn't carried on at our house. :)

    If only the USA had won... that would've been a great birthday present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made raisin squares for Father's Day. Threw over half of them out. I'm going to figure out a way to cut down the recipe. Happy B-day Derek. He's getting into the years that even I remember!!! And I love the pic of Brinley!!!!

    ReplyDelete