Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lemondade Anyone?





We are definately into summer mode over here! Our mornings aren't lazy because Chandler and Addie are doing swim team, but our afternoons are another story! We've been spending them, playing games, watching movies, swimming, playing with friends....typical summer activities.

This week Addie decided she wanted to make some money so she roped her friend and our neighbor, Avery, into starting a business. The two of them have been setting up a lemonade/koolaid stand and have been quite profitable if you ask me. Yesterday they made about six dollars and some change. They split the money and begged to be taken to Target to spend their hard earned cash. With this money, they each purchased a lip gloss, a candy bar, and a whoopie cushion. Then on the way home they enjoyed making all of the noise they could and laughing hysterically. Silly, silly girls!!

Then today they set up once again. I think because my house sits on the corner of the street and down the main road leading into our neighborhood they have a pretty good advantage. I also think their sweet toothless grins and standing on the corner with HUGE signs makes people feel guilty to pass them by, because you CAN NOT not see them! Today they made $13 dollars in 2 hours. Not bad for a hard days work.


Today Chandler and his friends decided to give them some competition, so they set up their lemonade stand over by the swimming pool. They only made seven dollars. :)

I do have to say that I am impressed with the people who live in my neighborhood. Who have turned around and come back just to buy a slightly warm, watery paper cup full of lemonade. I also have to say that a large majority of their "customers" have been teenagers. And lastly I have to say Thank You to all of their customers who took pity on two little girls by stopping for a drink....you have all made them very happy, wealthy 7 and 8 year olds!!

(The dark haired girl with glasses is friend of mine, who I was watching today so she helped Addie and Avery with their stand. She told me she didn't think it would be worth it, but ended up walking away with 4 dollars and some change!)

P.S. If you happen to be in the area, stop by for a cup of lemonade it's only twenty five cents!

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I am impressed how much money they have made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little entrepreneur! Her Uncle Jayson would be very proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've decided I need to limit her lemonade stand to once maybe twice a week. My neighbors have obviously been very generous, but I don't want her to take advantage of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are generous! Paige had a lemonade stand and I emailed all of our neighbor friends as her official advertising person. That's pretty much everyone who showed up. Nobody wants to hang out on our corner in the late afternoon heat! :)

    Addie's hair has sure gotten blonde from all that swimming and sun!

    ReplyDelete