Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hiking up Poudre Canyon

all done!
Off we go!

This is a little old, but when I had my pictures uploaded I discovered these pictures of mine and Brooke's kids together. We decided that while they were here we'd take a hike up Poudre Canyon. The hike was approximately 2 or so miles. It was a lot of fun. We took pictures at the beginning and the end of the hike. (There were some in the middle as well, but this is what I'm posting.)
I took the lead chasing Chandler and Jayce up the trail and occasionally Addie and Joey would try to beat the boys. Derek was packing Brinley on his back. Brooke & Adrian took turns helping Jett along the trail (he's tall, but only 3 and a half). I had so much fun pointing things out the kids and climbing up on rocks and jumping out and scaring Derek and the others when they caught up. I had forgotten how much I enjoy hiking! It's been years since I think I've hiked. I'm sure before Brinley was born at least! The kids had fun trying to see if they could get in front of me, but when I was tired I exercised my mother voice and said, nobody can pass me just so we can all stay safe! By the end of the hike, we were all tired an thirsty (yes we packed snacks and water!).

No comments:

Post a Comment