Sunday, July 19, 2009

Derek Turns 35!





The cake says: Rush Moving Pictures (a name of an album).

I am behind on getting things posted, but here are a few pictures from Derek's birthday. A few days before Derek's birthday, Chandler says to me, I know what kind of cake to make dad. I said oh, what kind, a spice cake? Chocolate? What do you think, and he says Nooooo! We've got to make dad a Rush cake. Derek is a huge music fanatic especially of the band Rush. He has all of their CD's, some vinyl records, cassette tapes and DVD's of them. So, Chandler actually made this cake all by himself for Derek for his birthday. All I did was turn on the oven for him and help set the timer. He did the rest! I also made Derek raisin squares for him and I think he ate the whole pan that same day.

1 comment: