Wednesday, July 22, 2009

summer...........

I can't believe we have less than a month left of summer break. The kids start back to school on August 19th. Doesn't that seem early? I think it gets earlier and earlier each year. I really enjoy summertime. Having the kids home, sleeping in, having no schedule, going to bed late...it's been such a nice break in our usual routine. I'm not looking forward to them going back to school at all. I did have such high hopes to do all of these fun things with the kids each day. I bought them workbooks to work in to keep up all that they learned this past year, but I can't remember the last time I had them work in them. I wanted to plan "field trips" but, never quite got around to it. We've been swimming a lot, but that doesn't cost us anything as we're trying to stick to a strict budget. I just don't feel like we've accomplished enough I guess? Maybe I read too many books, or watch too much TV that makes you think you need to do all of these "things" in order to have that perfect summer. I hope my kids feel like we've created some memories together...that we've accomplished all the things that they had in mind...but most of all that they're important to me and that they're loved. So, here's to enjoying the last couple of weeks of freedom before the craziness of "routine" starts again......

3 comments:

  1. I love all the posts! I think your summer has been perfect for 3 young children who should enjoy the freedoms and carefreeness (is that a word?) of summer.
    I got some great letters from my grandchildren today! THANK YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer has just flown by for us too!! It seems especially short when the stores bring out the back to school things! Man time goes by too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swimming sounds perfect for an entire summer.

    ReplyDelete