Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Addie!





I had this whole other thing typed out yesterday, but of course it didn't save/post. Addie has been driving us all near crazy over her birthday! She has been sooo excited for weeks! She woke up at 5 AM and could hardly contain herself until Derek got home from his paper route so she could FINALLY open all of her presents. Her teacher called me 2 weeks ago to make sure that in fact I was bringing a treat to her class on Addie's birthday. We love Addie's enthusiasm. There certainly are no dull moments when she is around. I honestly can not believe how quickly each of my children are growing up! I can't believe that Addie is 8 already. She'll be baptized next month! She started going to Activity Days this month, which she thinks is about the coolest thing ever! I am a mean mom and don't have friend birthday parties for my children. I do however let them have one when they turn 8. Addie so excited for that. I am doing that Friday after school. I am not a very creative party planner, so we are doing some crafty things (donated by grandma) and making gingerbread houses. I was trying to keep things simple and not very expensive, but I just don't think you can do a birthday party under $75 dollars. I'm avoiding mopping my floor, and doing much cleaning until after her party. I know my kitchen will soon be covered with powdered sugar, sticky candies, and who knows what else! It should be an adventure! Anyhow...Happy Birthday my big 8 year old Addie! We love you!

Here's a few pictures of her birthday party. (I barely made it....)

4 comments:

  1. Dear Addie,
    Happy Birthday to you!! We love you and can't wait to see you after Christmas. Being with you and the rest of the family will be my Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe she is 8! What a grown up girl. We miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to see if i could add another grandkid on the 16th just for fun... but it didn't happen... sorry.. haha i do hope that the party on friday turns out and that it is more fun than stress. Well even though it is late you can tell addie that nate and i say happy birthday. i wish we could make it out for the baptism. by the way how are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Addie! Hope your party was fun!

    ReplyDelete